I’m somehow 30 weeks pregnant; I have no idea where the time went!! I can’t believe I get to meet this little guy sometime in the next 10 weeks. It’s hard to believe I’ve been pregnant since April, much of the Spring, the entire Summer, will be all of Fall, and about a month of the Winter. Now that makes it’s seem long.
Thank goodness it’s that long because there is a lot to accomplish in that time: pick a name, put together a nursery, interview endless amounts of childcare providers, research and meet Pediatricians, visit the Doctor 50 times, keep up with your normal life and grow a baby all at the same time!
In honor of my 30 week mark, I thought I would list some funny pregnancy things that I've experienced along the way:
- If you watch your belly when the baby is moving (not kicking) but just sort of swimming, it looks like your belly button is talking.
- If your dog lays her head on your stomach, she’ll get kicked/punched repeatedly and apparently not care. Her head bounces up and down, up and down, up and down.
- Baby hiccups feel like a heartbeat inside you and you feel so bad when they get them, there’s nothing you can do!
- You know generally where the baby is inside you, but you may feel a sudden tickle or jab where you never thought a hand/foot could possibly be, but somehow it is!!
- Sometimes when you first wake up, your stomach is all lopsided and strange looking.
- For some of us, Braxton Hicks are VERY often.
- You may experience a random disgusting taste in your mouth and then, just like that, it’s gone. Mine was dog food, awesome.
- You’ll have strange dreams about your baby; mine reached for my hand while still in my stomach.
- I didn’t know you had to pee THIS much
- You’ll amaze yourself by how much energy you have, then there’s days where it takes an army to lift an arm.
- You can’t use certain beauty products while pregnant. I can’t wait to get my hands on some white strips come Feb!
30 Weeks!

Miss Lena is in this one of course.

Best blog post of the year by any blogger! I loved reading this since I never seem to have enough time to ask you all the questions I want to ask and you answered so many of them in this post! You should make Bryan post something about his feelings or experiences at some point. You will be glad you have it documented. Did you know you could have your blog professionally printed in a book form eventually? I have friends who have gotten the first year of their babies life printed once they posted blogs over the course of that year. I can't wait to see the nursery and the little toes that are going to fit in the mocassins!
ReplyDeleteJamie! Thank you! That is SO sweet. :-)Man, if I knew that I would've blogged a little more! I should get Bryan in on this. ;)
ReplyDeleteLove this! You'll really appreciate that you wrote this down a year down the road because you'll forget, or at least I did! Can't wait to meet baby :-)
ReplyDelete