Monday, January 31, 2011

Bath time at the Dorsey's!

This weekend was a big weekend for Reed. He had his very first "real" bath and celebrated turning a whole month old! Reed's umbilical cord didn't want to fall off for a while, and you're not supposed to bathe them until it's gone. You can however give them sponge baths, which I did. It finally fell off around 3 weeks old, I think he was waiting till we were past his real due date to finally let it go.

I have to say, I was a bit nervous giving him a bath and maybe thats why I waited so long! We pulled the space heater in the bathroom and gathered all of our supplies. He didn't exactly enjoy it, but we got him nice & clean. He did however manage to throw up about 4 times later that day, so we're back to needing a bath again.


This one breaks my heart-"OMG Mommy, what are you doing to me?!"





Of course Lena had to get a bath too!

She's pretty good about getting a bath, she tolerates it. Although, we all know she can't swim, so the water has to be very shallow, haha. Poor little dog.

3 comments:

  1. aw! he's so adorable sitting in the sink, so little. wow,a month already, time flies! hope to meet him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena is so funny... Reed looks great :) Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! The cord is off!! Cute pics Holly! I love you bathing Reed and Bryan bathing Lena... !

    ReplyDelete