Friday, January 21, 2011

Things I didn't expect...

This is similar to my earlier post about "Things no one told me to expect about being pregnant, this is "Things no one told me about having a baby". You read all the books, blogs, magazines, etc but everyone's experience is different and there's no way that everyone can capture everything. This is a "short" list, I am sure I will add to this as time goes by!

  1. I was literally shocked the first time I heard Reed poop! I had no idea it would be that loud or make that sound....I knew breastfed babies have looser poops but had no idea how loud they could be. Bryan and I laughed for a good 10 minutes after we first heard it.
  2. In line with #1, I had no idea how often breastfed babies pooped! It's almost every time he eats. I also didn't know they'd be yellow and seedy!
  3. I knew I wouldn't have much time to myself, but didn't know I'd go days without a shower.
  4. I thought I'd have plenty of time to "get things done" during my maternity leave.....hahahahaha, that's all I have to say about that one.
  5. A screaming baby can make you crazy in the middle of the night but it can also break your heart, you just want to help them so badly.
  6. You think you know your husband, you've been together for 8 years, married for 3, experienced a lot together, but then he becomes a Dad and you fall in love with him all over again. Who knew Bryan would be a professional diaper changer?!
  7. You see a different side of your family and friends, they'll do anything for you, and by anything I mean anything, which I am so thankful for. I never thought I'd see the day that my Dad would do 3 loads of my laundry and volunteer to do it at that.
  8. It takes weeks to figure out how, when, and what your baby likes to sleep in. How can they have a preference at 3 weeks old?!
  9. Your life is a blur for those first couple of weeks, I seriously didn't know the difference between night and day for those first couple of days after birth.
  10. You don't get much sleep in the beginning and you feel like a zombie but every time you look at that sweet baby you smile and it makes it all worth it!

3 comments:

  1. i am ADDICTED to your blog. keep this good stuff comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so sweet and very informative! Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete