Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh Lena

Sadly Thursday was my last official day of maternity leave with Reed, I am back full time this week and to be blunt....it's going to stink! I really enjoyed my special days off with Reed. One of the many special things I enjoyed was sleeping with him after his morning feeding, I would let him fall back asleep on me and we'd stay that way for hours. Tummy to tummy. He would just lay on me with his sleepy drooling self until he woke up and was ready to eat again. The warm lump of love that is my little 3 1/2 month old completely out weighs the numbness of your body from laying in one position for hours. Sooo worth it. Luckily I am able to do this on the weekends and I try to sneak in a few minutes of it before work in those early morning hours. Now, I know I made this sound like a peaceful time, and  it typically is....except I think Miss Lena knew it was my last day off with the two of them and decided to be a p.i.a.  Bryan usually leaves me and Reed in bed and Lena blocked off downstairs in the mornings. Bryan forgot to put one of the pillows up on the stairs to block Lena from coming up. She isn't supposed to go up and down stairs because it could do damage to her back and she knows these rules well too. As soon as Master Bryan shut that front door, Little miss thang took full advantage of the situation and came flying up the stairs and stood outside our bedroom door whining for the next 20 min......reaching new levels. She was driving me nuts! I'm laying there enjoying my peaceful time with Reed and am trying to log in some extra sleep but have this little dog crying at me and there's nothing I can do about it. After 20 min of listening to her whine and my blood pressure rise, I finally caved in and slowly got up with Reed in the same position, slowly scooped up Lena and carefully walked down the stairs with both of them in my arms, where we all laid on the couch for the next hour and and continued to snooze. Phew, success. 

Much later that same day Lena wanted to go upstairs again, she was sitting at the bottom of the stairs whining while I was trying to get Reed down for a nap. She finally went for it again, pushed the pillows aside and flew up the stairs I couldn't find her at first and thought she must be up to something! Apparently all she wanted was her Reindeer and a sunny spot to snooze in. Goodness gracious Lena. 

No comments:

Post a Comment