Thursday, June 16, 2011

Frontier Town ya'll!

Better late than never! (let's rewind a few weekends)

So I took a 5 month old camping! (Now he's almost 6 months) Am I crazy? Nope, Reed did great!!

We met my parents, Kerry & Linsay and Brayden & Chase at Frontier Town on Sat morning. They got there on Friday but Bryan and I thought it best to just try one night rather than two. We had all day Saturday to explore the campgrounds and camp out. Frontier Town is huge, it has some 3 pools, a water park, millions of camping sites and it all sits on the bay. If you have young children, I recommend it for a cheap and close vacation. You can rent a cabin, bring a camper (or rent one) or pitch a tent. My parents have a camper, so Bryan, Reed & I shared that while Kerry & Linsay rented a cabin just down the way. Since the campground is so big and there’s so much to do, they have electric golf carts for rent. We all zipped back and forth and here and there. Reed just enjoyed the view from my arms, he was such a trooper. He even slept in his stroller while we enjoyed the water park for a few hours. We had him completely blocked from the sun, but I guess he was bound to get some sun with that red hair and pale skin. I felt like the worst Mom in the world, he got a tiny part of his arms burned. I think this snuck through a tiny sliver of his car seat! Reed had lots of firsts that weekend-first sun burn (:(), first camping trip, first look at the Bay, (other than going over the bridge but I think he was sleeping both times) first time in a store (crazy, right?!)-his eyes lit up when we walked in, SO many colors! I’m sure he had a million other firsts this weekend that I can’t recall.

He was a happy and content boy the whole time….except when it came to bedtime. He absolutely did not want to sleep. So after a good hour of trying to get him down in the camper (and it sounded like I was pulling his toe nails off one by one) we stepped back outside (and the crying immediately stopped) and stayed up till almost 10pm! He just sat there and looked around wide eyed and happy. Then when we ALL went to bed, he was able to go to bed. On things for sure, Reed doesn’t want to miss anything. Hoping to make this an annual trip and make him a true camper!

Camping by the bay



Nana was playing "peek a boo" and Reed thought it was down right hilarious! It was making me laugh so hard too. He has the best belly laugh!




Future Bff's-Reed and his Cousin Chase, only 5 1/2 months apart!

Reed's asking " Is that a blue moon for me?"
Brayden being his silly 3 year old self.
             Reed staying up way past his bedtime. He just wanted to hang with his Papa.

Till our next camping trip!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great family trip! If he's going to be a camper, it's best to learn sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time!! All the kids are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katie! I have been trying to comment on your blog and can't!! Something wrong on my end. Anyways, sounds like you had a great time in Russia!! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    Tara-you have to come see them really soon! :-) MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete