I'm attempting to catch up on blogging in between working full time, Reed's naps on the weekends, cleaning, laundry, and everything else that needs to be done.
Here's where I'll start...
Reed went to the beach for the first time on 4th of July weekend. It was a welcomed break from our hectic life. Bryan and I very much enjoyed our only priority being Reed. We decided to throw all nap/sleeping rules out the weekend and let Reed rule. That meant he co-slept on Friday night all night (first time ever) and even though he woke several times it was much easier and faster to get him back to sleep. For naps he either napped on us while we watched TV(something that is no longer a part of us) or in a stroller while we walked the boardwalk. We ate out twice while we were there and he was awesome both times.
We tried not to keep him on the beach too long as he is incredibly fair skinned and it was pretty hot and sunny. He didn't mind the sand all over him at all, we put his feet in the ocean and his eyes got wide.
It was a really great trip, I think the 3 of us really enjoyed catching up with each other. :-)
The beach in pictures....
"Did my parents really just let me sleep with them all night?"
I remember seeing a picture of a Dad holding his baby in a magazine and it just seemed so sweet and masculine at the same time. Now I get to experience that first hand and it's as moving as that photo was.
Reed woke up, so I'll be back to post about his 6 month mini birthday celebration, Chase's 1st birthday, sweet potatoes and more!




thanks for sharing these beautiful photos! love the ones on the beach by the ocean, and of you and brian holding Reed up!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, Holly! Sounds like such a fun weekend :)
ReplyDeleteI love the ones with Bryan and Reed - very handsome men!
ReplyDelete