I've been packing Reed's bottles in his little Medela bottle pack since he started daycare. In the past few months I've been stuffing a container of his pureed veggies or fruit in there and recently I've added another container for his breakfast. As you can imagine, its gotten pretty tight and is now too small. Thus began the search for Reed's first real lunchbox, a big boy lunchbox. I was so excited to pick it out and thrilled when it came to my door, but when I started to pack it and write his name on the inside I had visions of him carrying it to school, putting it in his cubby and opening it all by himself at lunch....I know this is quite a while before any of this happens, but it made me realize that he's growing up fast! And this stupid adorable elephant lunchbox is just the beginning...
Then last night I saw this commercial-Dear Sophie
Have you seen it? I was in tears! Bryan walked in the room as it was ending and I started to try and tell him about it and I couldn't, each time I tried I got choked up! You just never know when its going to hit you.
It hit me on the Sunday Reed was baptized as well, it was written in a card from a dear friend. The words were just so sweet and touching, I got teary eyed while trying to read it out loud.
To make Monday's even harder than they already are, Reed decided to actually notice me leaving for the very first time today and yes....he cried! How am I ever supposed to walk away, get in my car, and go to work like that?
Onto happier notes! Here are some pics that have been living on my phone.
![]() |
| Reed enjoying a brew at Oktoberfest. J/k!!! |
![]() |
| This is Reed and I leaving Joe's Oktoberfest Birthday in DC. He was such a good boy that day, even as we walked through the crazy crowded H street festival! |






Aw, such a sweet picture at the end of the post! he is such a cutie! I can't believe I still haven't met him, we haven't been able to make it to any of the get togethers recentl :( He is getting so big! I guess they are right, time does dissapear before our eyes!
ReplyDelete