Monday, September 19, 2011

Reed's Baptism

I’m so behind on blogging but have so many wonderful things to share!

The biggest of all is my baby boy was Baptized yesterday! We had him Baptized at Christian Community Presbyterian Church. He was amazingly good. I’d been fretting about how he would react to the water, how he would behave during service, and how he would handle being awake during his normal nap time. He was absolutely perfect! He made his little “owl noises” that sound like “who who” during the service, but nothing disruptive. Pastor James held him and poured a very generous amount of water over his head several times while blessing him and Reed didn’t even flinch! I think he knew what was happening and was being a perfect little boy.;) He didn’t make a peep. He was completely content, the water didn’t seem to phase him one bit. Maybe it’s all that practicing in the bath! When all was said and done, Pastor James held him up to the congregation and said “This kid is fearless!”

I was overwhelmed by the love and support given to me and Bryan in recognition of our son's Baptism. I am so incredibly appreciative of everyone that was able to come out and share this very special day with us. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Aunt Katie and Uncle Troy asked Ryan (Troy’s brother) to photograph the event, I am so thankful for this because I was so busy watching and taking care of Reed that I would not have been able to capture it myself. I am so anxious to see these photos and will of course share with you as soon as I get them. Here are a few from my phone to hold you over.


Reed had been up since 7am, it was now 3:30pm and he was napless (but happy). So I threw on the old moby and he passed out in my arms! Perfect way to end a truly special day. Sigh...


In other awesome news.....sometimes I let Reed take a sip of my water from my glass, I did this on Thursday and to my surprise when the glass entered his mouth, I heard a little "clank, clank".  I was so confused at first....then it hit me, thats teeth, TEETH, oh my gosh, there are signs of teeth! You can't see them yet, but sure enough, Reed has his two bottom teeth coming in!! I am so proud of him in so many ways right now. :-)

4 comments:

  1. aw, he looks so cute! looking forward to more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reed was such a good boy, and I still can't believe he made it so long without a nap! It was my pleasure & honor to be there. I can't wait to see Ryan's photos. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is an amazing little boy and I wish I could have been there!!! Can't wait to see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear it went well! You guys must have been so proud. He was soooo good on Saturday too! Glad we could see you guys and props to you all for making it all the way to DC with a baby!! It meant a lot that you guys made it out there!

    ReplyDelete