Thursday, November 1, 2012

You make me happy when skies are grey

Reed-you really are forming quite the personality. I've recently had the pleasure to really stop and spend some quality time with you. And boy is it fantastic.

I love the way you whisper "no, no, no" when I ask you if you want to do something I know you don't want to do. Like I won't hear the response. ;)

I love the way you sometimes call me "Mimi" instead of "Mama".

I love that you say Cheerio and it sounds British.

I love when we are in an open field of grass and I ask you to show me how fast you can run, you give it all your chubby legged might!

I love that recently you will stop what you're doing, look at me, and give the biggest and cheesiest grin I've ever seen. It's obviously heart meltingly contagious.

I love that you know who Reed is and when I ask you, you put your hand to your chest and say "Dee".

I love that you know what a Cow says, a Dog says, a Duck says, but no matter how many times I try and teach you what a Cat says, you always say-"kitty kitty kitty".

I love that we taught you how to trick or treat last night, and that when I took you on a walk today, I couldn't figure out why you were stopping at each house. ;)

I love that when I take you on nature walks you pick up leaves, pine cones, sticks and thoroughly inspect them with your dimpled hands.

I love that your chubby cheeks shake when you run.

I love your obsession with turdoh's (turtles).

and with hats and sunglasses.

I love that we try on all your shoes in one day.

and that you get Mommy's shoes for her.

I am amazed that you point to cars that look like mine and say "Mama".

I love that you pick up the remote and turn the tv on or off.

I love teaching you new things and to watch the joy on your happy face when it excites you.

I love being your Mommy.






The Lion and the Ladybug 



Keeping us entertained during the storm. 

Blankets and flashlights in the "basement" during the storm.  Who knew  it could be such a blast and take away from the worry that was happening outside. 
Carving our first pumpkin together

And finally, Reed as Conan O'Brien!! Because, really-how could we resist with the red hair? I think he made a great Conan. ;)








1 comment:

  1. All choked up. You guys are such a sweet family. I hope to be as good a mom as you are one day, Holly!

    ReplyDelete