Bryan turned 31 on Saturday! In honor of such an occasion, I threw him a little party. It’s been a while since Bryan's been able to truly hang out with our friends so I decided to have everyone over to our house for a daytime gathering. I had two crock pots going and a table full of food. Reed so graciously slept in with us till 8am that morning...Happy Birthday Dad! We were hoping Reed would get a good morning nap in so he would be good to go for the day. First attempt was 11am. He did NOT want to nap, threw a fit. I tried a few more times and he managed to fall asleep for about 20 minutes after a period of expressed displeasure with the idea. I tried about 4 more times that day with no luck. I even took the boy on a walk and nary a hint of shut eye resulted. He does not want to miss a thing! Reed hung out all day with red eyes, he was so tired…but generally happy. Not super happy fun Reed, but awake and content. Whatever! I’ll roll with it. Thanks to everyone that came out and celebrated Bryan! Happy Birthday Babe!!




 |
| The sleepless walk :-) |
 |
| Do you see those tired red eyes? |
 |
| Chase "Pick me up Daaaaad". |
 |
| "Yay" |
 |
| Birthday Cake |
 |
| Birthday Cupcakes |
 |
| Hanging out |
 |
| Compliments of my Dad |
 |
| This picture describes the new version of me, I can't focus on one thing anymore, I'm always doing a million things at once! Look at Bryan's expression "Quick, hurry up and take the pic, she's going to tell me to do something!" |
 |
| If the boys are going to be out late Linsay always get their PJ's on before they leave, such a smart Mom move. Then you don't have to deal with all of that when you get home and they can stay in their sleepy state. :-) Brayden was telling me how old he will be in a few weeks. 4! |
 |
| The Kagle's |
Since Sunday was so beautiful we decided to venture out. We took Reed to his very first Pumpkin Patch. Homestead Gardens was having a Fall Festival. Complete with pony rides, pigs, and face painting. We showed him the ponies and the pig and plopped him in front of pumpkins to capture some precious moments. He was so confused by the whole experience and its written all over his face.
What is this place? What are these ridiculous orange things and this prickly stuff?
 |
| "Interesting....hay". |
 |
| "Eh, Mom, this stuff is weird and what the heck is that awful smell? Is that a pig?" |
 |
| I got this Mom, let go. |
 |
| See! Standing with a Pumpkin, woohoo! |
 |
| "What am I supposed to do with this?" |
 |
| That doesn't look like Lena... |
We even saw Roosters and listened to them crow, almost on command. All Reed could do was stare! He was experiencing so much. I am not sure if he could see the Lama’s in the distance.
While we were at it, we decided to go out to dinner. We stopped at a local Mexican restaurant and Reed got to sit with us in a highchair. He was having fun enjoying the sights. I noticed two guys in the back tuning up their guitars and eyeing up Reed. A few minutes later they came right up to him and started playing! He was serenaded and didn’t know what to do about it. It was the cutest thing ever. He looked back and forth at each musician and they just sang and played their guitars with a huge smile while he just STARED at them. He was SO into it and fixated, it was adorable.
I can’t even imagine what kind of baby dreams he had that night!! Enough to make him sleep all night. ;)
Sad we weren't able to make it to the bday celebration, look like you guys had a good time, and the weather was perfect! Love the pics of Reed at the fall festival, so adorable!
ReplyDelete