The first thing I would like to say is that Reed will be ONE in 10 days, yep, in 10 days! Wow. I really can’t believe it. It’s so bittersweet. He will no longer be my little baby (in my mind he will be) but I am so excited for him, so many fun times ahead! I can’t wait to show him the world and all the exciting things we can do as he gets older. His little personality is shining through and it will develop even more as each day passes. Not only will he get to experience his first Christmas in 5 days, but his birthday too. Let the celebrations begin!
On another note, Reed has been consistently sick since before Thanksgiving! I have to say, we have been very lucky in the “sick” department, but I think it’s hitting us all at once now. He had a cold that lasted about 3 weeks and then on a Sunday a few weeks ago I pulled him out of his crib after his nap, and he his face was swollen and covered in hives. I started to panic. I assumed he was having an allergic reaction and didn’t want to wait to see what was next. We’d been giving him egg yolks and he’d been doing great with them for weeks. He’d happily eaten some that morning so it was all I could think of.
Of course it was the weekend, so I took him to Righttime. He was assessed and he had a fever of 103 and an ear infection! Poor guy. We got amoxicillin and he continued to have a fever that went up and down for 3 more days. He was miserable. He was so very congested and covered in snot. He couldn’t breathe out of his nose, so his mouth was constantly open. He couldn’t get much sleep because he was so clogged up. Bryan and I took turns soothing him back to sleep but I think I slept on his floor more that week than I did in my own bed. Sick babies are so sad and pathetic!
He seemed to get better after about a week of the antibiotics. So he was back to his happy little squealing self again. Then we got hit with another cold... crossing my fingers this one isn’t as bad. So far it seems mild, just snotty. Although he is getting hives again, all over this time, but sporadic. I read a lot online and asked the Pediatrician the first time; apparently hives can be a sign of a cold/virus. So I guess this is how his little body reacts. They come and go and don’t seem to bother him. I think they bother me more to be honest.
We go to the Pediatrician tomorrow as a follow up on his ear infection, so I’ll ask about the hives again.
The hives in action. :(
In other news....
![]() |
| Reed as "Super baby bib" |
![]() |
| Reed helping Mommy blow out her Birthday candles |
![]() |
| Celebrating Christmas at the Nursing home with Great Nanny Hope you're ready for the holidays! Enjoy them with your families and take time to soak it all in. It's almost Christmas! |




Holly
ReplyDeletegreat pics. hang in there, all the colds could be related to teething.
hugs
Linda
poor little Reed, hope he's feeling better and hopefully stays that way for his 1st Christmas and his first birthday! i am so glad that I finally got to meet him the other, he was a sweetheart and seemed so calm and content around everyone. have a wonderful Christmas!!
ReplyDeleteOh man! I didn't know he was sick for that long. Poor little baby! And poor Mamma and Daddy:(I am so excited for his birthday party! Joe and I forgot that this was his first Christmas, hope it was so much fun!
ReplyDelete