Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, and Happy New Year!
I guess it will be like this every year, right? Needless to say we’ve been full of all kinds of wonderful
celebrations.
Christmas was wonderful. We celebrated at my parent’s house on Christmas Eve where all the grandboys got spoiled and had fun playing and rolling around on the floor with their new toys. We had an array of yummy appetizers that I couldn’t get enough of. Reed’s favorite toy was a piece of tissue paper. :-) We then traveled (across the street) to my grandparents house for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. It’s changed and evolved a bit through the years, but I am so happy that we were able to do it yet again.
On Christmas day Bryan and I woke up with Reed on his very first Christmas! We gave him his gifts and helped him open them. Lena got her stocking and so did we. We spent the morning playing with Reed’s new toys, eating breakfast and enjoying it. We then went over to Bryan’s parents for Christmas dinner and Reed was spoiled again. We ate a delicious dinner and hung out with family while Christmas came to a close. It’s safe to say that Reed’s favorite part of Christmas this year, on his first year, was the Christmas tree. I quickly learned that he knew where and what it was. He also got really excited every time I turned the lights on; he literally lit up and smiled! I have yet to take it down for this very reason. It might still kind of be Christmas in our house. :-) He makes a funny noise when he looks at it, I think it’s his “excited” noise. It sounds like he’s imitating a very strong gust of wind.
Before all that happened, we took our Christmas card photo, below is the winner, and a bunch of others leading up to it.
 |
| Those rolls couldn't make me happier |
 |
:)
|
Christmas at Nana and Papa's
 |
| Gasp!! Apparently the Bry-Dad had the camera too long. How dare he put that in his hands! |
 |
| Smile Reed! |
Christmas Morning
 |
| Chunky face!! |
 |
| Lena's stocking (she deserved it, she's had a rough year!) |
 |
Very seriously checking out his new toys
 |
Apparently it wasn't what he asked for
|
Christmas at Gma and Gpa's |
 |
| "Are these all for me?!" |
HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY REED!
His very first birthday! My boy is one, oh how I could go on... 1? Seriously? For real? Are you kidding me? 1…..wow. Ok, so anyways, his birthday party was awesome. But wait, his actual birthday was on a Friday and Bryan and I took off work to spend it with him. It was celebrated by having breakfast at Chick Fila, Reed of course had a packed breakfast from home. We parked ourselves right in front of the kid play area and Reed enjoyed watching the kids play. He could sit and watch kids for hours. He loves people watching and balloon watching. Is it me or are there balloons everywhere? I’m at the grocery store and I hear his strong gust of wind noise and look up and see the millions of balloons at each register. Ah, how fun. Balloon overload. Although he loves it. We should go to the party store just for the fun of it!
We bought his first gallon of Cow’s milk that day and I gave him a taste! I also let him try a tiny piece of his bday cake, but was saving the rest for his party.
Ok, his party-it was great! All of his friends and family came out and celebrated. We had a house full. Who knew we knew so many kids? He was spoiled silly and even did a birthday dance for us. Shown in previous post;
Reed's First Birthday dance. I was very nervous to let him have his first piece of cake, but with everyone assuring me (and laughing at me) that it would be fine, I let him have it, kind of…I stood right next to him if he took a really super big bite. He was actually really slow about it and kind of gentle. He didn’t really get it, enjoyed mushing it in his hands and then when he finally realized what it tasted like he had several bites. I even tried to take it away at one point and he fussed! I gave it back of course. He had such an awesome time, allow the pictures to help tell the story of his first birthday.






 |
| We HAD to have the super huge 1 balloon! |
Drum roll....... First Birthday cake!
 |
| I made a collage of "Reed First Year" in pictures, oh how's he's changed! |
 |
| Bryan and I toasted the Birthday boy and the amazing crazy year we've had. We thanked everyone for all their awesome support! |
 |
| And sparkling cider for the kids :-) |
 |
| Ready to take on the world!!! |
Since then Reed has really done a lot of growing up. He thought “I’m 1 now, its time!” He started waving, crawling on his knees, and clapping! Bryan and I have noticed so many new changes in him lately. He is such a toddler these days. It really has me looking back on the past year and wondering where it all went!
He is getting so big! Sounds like you guys had a great holiday/birthday/new year season!
ReplyDelete