Monday, July 23, 2012

A break from life at the Beach

I'm going to try and let the pictures tell the story, but this trip to the beach was precious. It was just what the 3 of us needed. We spent some quality time together and really benefited from it.


 The drive to the beach took 6 hours, when it should only take 2 ½ but we left on the Saturday after a very intense storm that knocked out the electricity all over. We had a screaming toddler that needed to stretch his legs on the way there. But in the end, he was a sweet pea each day we were there. It was obvious that he was thriving from all of the attention and our willingness to just drop it all and play with him 24/7. I’ve never seen him happier. He smiled/giggled and danced for us A LOT. He wanted to eat watermelon all day long. He held onto my legs everywhere I walked in the condo and thought it was hilarious if I started walking funny.  He loved the sand/pool/food, hesitated at the Ocean but then happily sat between me & Bry as the waves snuck up on us. He was the official greeter at every place we ate, gave generous waves and blew me kisses on demand. He enjoyed sharing our smoothies, grilled cheese sandwiches and black bean burgers. When he wasn't busy discovering something he wanted to be in my arms and I let him...I spoiled the kid silly. It was a grand vacation. 












































Oh! And our sweet niece Addison Quinn Demers was born.  She's a July 3rd girl!  She is a true beauty and I can't wait to dress her up and get to know the little girl she will become.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you guys had some extended time together and away from the normal day to day. Sounds like Reed had a great time with his favorite two people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! Hope your little vacation was wonderful too. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Karyn!! We still aren't sure where the surprise red hair came from, we are thinking it's from a Great Grandparent...what's funny is if neither parent has red hair, then it has to be on both sides from previous generations, and even then it's only a 25% chance! So it was hiding in both Bryan and I. :-)
    Isn't this age so fun? What little boys they are becoming and how great to be their Mommies.
    I hope things are great with you, love to all!!

    ReplyDelete