Saturday, July 14, 2012

Campin' time

So let's rewind about a month.....

Last year I lost my mind and took my 5 month camping. Reed's first camping trip. And he ended up loving it.  It was such a nice change of pace so we decided to go for it again this year.

We left on a Saturday and it took us a lot longer than we anticipated. With traffic and a busy bodied toddler we had to make a nice long stop on the way there. We ate lunch and let Reed stretch his chubby legs. He wasn't a happy camper (hehe) at this point, he wanted out of the car bad. After our stop we had to keep going so I eventually slid in the back of the car and tried my best to entertain him while Bryan drove. I did manage to get a ton of giggles out of him, but he was making me work hard for em.

We finally got there and we were so happy. The weather was a bit colder than we assumed it would be, so we didn't head off to the pool or the water park. We let Reed out and his exploring began. Kerry & Linsay and crew were also there in a bigger than my house mobile home. ;)

Trips away from home and the norm always surprise me. It takes a lot to prepare for them but when I get wherever we are going I am so happy to just "be" with Reed rather than worry about what I should be cleaning, cooking or what laundry I should be doing. I need to have this mentality at home as well. Make a Reed day and nothing gets done but spending time with Reed. I focused on him and had an amazing time with that little guy. He has such a funny little personality. He doesn't hold back his excitement, he shows all. He laughs and "har har's" at birds, food, horses, etc. It's so true that when you have children you see life in a different way. A fresh new perspective.


Falling asleep in my arms on our golf cart ride





"So, Brayden....what you got there?"
"Oh. I like popsicles."
"Just a little?"
"Oh my goodness, look at it! PLEASE?"



It was a lot colder than we thought it would be, thankfully my Dad was prepared with coordinating flannels. Now we're really camping. ;)
















Reed actually settled into his pac & play at night and went to sleep. He did have a scary dream at 4am, at which point I "tried" to soothe him back to sleep. I then picked him up and put him in "bed" with Bryan and I, and while I was scooping him up to lay him down I noticed an enormous smile on his face. He was thinking "sucker, I got what I wanted". We don't.....ahem, Bryan doesn't let me bring Reed into bed, so he got a free card since we were camping. Reed thoroughly loved this. What a silly huge smile it was.


 



It was a Happy Father's Day to this guy. ;)
(And you can't tell but I had a Reed on my back here. )



1 comment:

  1. Really sweet. Looks like some nice family time. Love the story of Reed getting just what he wanted. Smart kid :)

    ReplyDelete